Sunday, January 18, 2015

Currently

OK, OK, I know it is already the 18th and I'm late to the party, but I am trying very hard to post more often and there has not been much going on in my classroom this last week.  Why not hook up with Farley for January Currently???

So...
I am listening to my husband watching one of those cop hidden camera shows, which I ususally don't like since I have loved ones in law enforcement.  They face so much crud each and every day!  People, just do what you are told and be polite--these are people with families, just like you, trying to keep everyone safe and do their job!!
That was my PSA for the day, sorry, and yes, I know there are "bad" cops out there, just like there are "bad" teachers, but it is not the norm!

Loving that I have one more day to the weekend (and I'm taking Wednesday off for my daughter's conferences--this week should fly by!

Thinking that I'm glad to be getting some school work done with a whole day left in the weekend, though I'm taking a bit of a break to write this.

Wanting pizza for dinner, but my husband is on some whacka-doodle diet, so that's not likely.

Needing to clean off more of this mess that I call a desk.  I even thought about posting a picture for you, but that would have been too embarrassing!

Yes!  I am slowly but surely making some organizational progress.  I am currently living a life of clutter, but I am working on it!
Maybe I should grade some tests I have procrastinated about since before the holidays next so I can check that off my list, too.
I wish I had a Fairy Godmother to wave her magic wand and instantly meet all of the goals I have set for this year personally and professionally.  Wouldn't that be nice?

I'm looking forward to some fun with my class next week for MLK day even though I have students who don't celebrate holidays.  I purposely plan our Long Ago & Today unit around February to catch those holidays within history education.  I am motivated by having seen Selma this afternoon!
Enjoy your weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I too am terribly behind this month, interesting that when I am on vacation I seem to not do anything! Everything is back in session so I am on the go again!

    a latte of blessings & giggles to you,
    Jeanie Cullip @ ABC 123 & Coffee

    ReplyDelete