Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year, New Plans

Well, we are now a week into 2015 and, I figure, among all of my other goals for the year, I better write a post!   There's no better time than now to link up with Art with Jenny K. and give you a peek into myself and my blog!


I first had a wild hair to start a blog the summer after I enrolled in grad school for Educational Technology.  My thinking was that I may need to begin a blog as part of an assignment so I wanted to get ahead of the game; and of course I was going to start with a BANG!  Needless to say, I never needed a blog for class...

I actually started out with a blog design that I liked from The Honey Bunch.  I chose one from their premade designs, one that no one else would have.  As a native Southern California Girl, the sunshine was perfect, the colors were all me,  and the little accents were super cute!  Erika did a great job, don't you think?  I loved the look of the design and the price was reasonable for what I thought I would use it for.  So I thought for a while about a clever name that would go well with the sunshine and made a decision to purchase this little cutie!

The title of my blog comes from beginning a master's program and continuing teaching (at the time, my 17th class), as well as a wife and mother of two girls--a teen and pre-teen.  What was I thinking?! Thus, Me & my Bright Ideas!

I am My home and classroom are still recovering from trying to stay afloat during my classes.  This is the year I will get it all back together!  It might take some time, but I will conquer the disarray eventually.  I also intend to keep up with this little blog more.  I am very proud of receiving my Master's Degree last May and managed to complete the program with straight A's--something I never imagined I could do! 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, your logo is very cute!! Your blog is also adorable by the way :)

    Teaches Resource Force

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I loved looking at your blog logo progression and have tagged it to look into further. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete