Friday, August 24, 2012

Week One

Well, we made it through week one!  It has been a bumpy ride.  It appears we will have to reorganize but we don't know when.  That means I will be a 1/2 combo. We thought it would begin on Monday but the district has to approve it.  Now it looks like we are waiting until after Labor Day.  Back to School night is next week, I don't think the parents will know by then.  As a parent I would be upset if I wasted time in a class finding out about the teacher, expectations and program only to have my child moved out a week later.  As a teacher it is very difficult to get routines into place when half of your class doesn't exist yet (on paper).  I'm not sure how I'll run the combo yet either, our district is in requires us to stick to the curriculum very tightly.  How do I do that with two grades?  I can fill all my time with just one set of standards!  Yikes.  I am planning to begin Daily 5 and I just found some info on BUILD for math.  I am open to any suggestions and/or more info.  :)  Being in flux is messing with my head!  I can't wait to get moving ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment