Friday, June 30, 2017

Oh my...

After all that cleaning it is time to get down to planning.  I have so much to do this summer to prepare my room and for teaching.

The problem is...my head is spinning!  I start thinking about one thing, then that leads me to something else I want to look into, then, BAM!  I'm researching another topic!

I NEED to stay on focus!  So this week, it is my behavior plan (mostly).  In the past I have used warm fuzzies like these inspired by Mel at Suesstastic mixed with Rick Morris' behavior clipboard.


She has since changed these up a bit, but you can access her blog post by clicking the photo above.  I really liked this method.  It was easy to manage, the kids enjoyed it, and you never knew when there would be fuzzies flying in our classroom! But with a new grade level and some of the same students, I feel like I need to make a change for next year.  

Enter the Brag Tag! I liked this idea and think it will be just as easy to manage and it sounds like kids will really like it!  I started by reading and viewing Angie's info about Brag Tags here:

Then it was time to select the Brag Tags I wanted to use! This was not easy! There are so many to choose from-small bundles, large bundles, specific sets, even free ones!  Oh my!  I downloaded some freebies and narrowed it down to these three (of course I couldn't afford them all, sorry ladies!) PS there are still some in my cart on TPT! Maybe I'll add more later in the year!

Amy Salazar's 

Not So Wimpy Teacher
Angie Olson's Lucky Little Learners

You should have seen the process! But I finally selected one and purchased it and the chains for my students to wear them on.  I'm going to continue using Rick Morris' behavior clipboard as well.  And I've revamped my "rules" a bit as well.  Now I just need to decide if I should print the Brag Tags myself or for 80c a page at Staples.  I think I'd rather use their ink, right?  I can always add a page here or there from my printer, but to get started, I'm thinking Staples.  I also need to make a trip to Michael's or Home Depot for the little tool box to store them in-probably this weekend!  

Do you use Brag Tags?  How do they work for you?  I welcome any tips or tricks! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment