Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Fourth, America!

Although it is already Tuesday I wanted to share with you a little of what I have been working on this week along with Tara with a
 
I want to use these Monday Made-Its to keep me on track with all of the changes I want to make in my classroom this year, so stop by on Mondays to see what I've accomplished!
My first Made-It actually has nothing to do with my classroom though!  However, I was shopping for classroom items at the Dollar Tree when I was reminded that I wanted to make a new wreath for my home.  Lucky me, I found the wreath form at Dollar Tree and the fabric squares were on sale for $1 each at Joann's! 
I saw this cute idea on Pinterest and it looked easy and cheap so I gave it a go! I tried to pick some summer-y colors and I think it turned out pretty cute. Not as cute as the one in my Pin, which is much more full (and I even put more fabric strips than the directions said!), but cute just the same!

Now, I don't really know if this counts, but I have been prioritizing the things I PLAN to make and even purchased some materials for future Made-Its, but honestly...I'm waiting for a TPT sale!  Once I purchase and print, I'll be "making" up a storm and will share the final products with you then!  I've also done some serious cleaning in my home office but will share the final result next week.  I need to take a break until the trash pickup comes.  Between me tossing all sorts of paper and my daughter's 6-pizza-box pool party, the recycle bin is FULL!

Now its off to enjoy some Independence Day festivities and celebrate this great country I live in (flaws and all)!  

5 comments:

  1. I love your wreath! I make them using mesh but never thought about fabric before, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath turned out great. I made a similar one, too, but I used all sorts of black and white ribbon. I made it a few years ago and just bought new wide red to redo its bow as it has faded. I love projects like this. I will be looking for pics of your organized office... I need some inspiration!! Just gotta kick out of vacay mode and into summer work mode :P See you around. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wreath is darling! I've always thought about making one but just never have! I love your happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is adorable! I can't wait for a TpT sale too- my cart is full! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you - waiting for a TpT sale! Love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete