Monday, July 13, 2015

Its All About Me!

So this week, its all about me!  This is week 4 of summer vacation--how did that happen?!?  Before I really dive in to all that will be "Back to School", I am going to make this week all about me.  So I started the weekend spending time with girlfriends scrapbooking.  In case you didn't know, scrapbooking is a hobby of mine.  I love looking back on my family and our adventures, it is a creative outlet, and I can spend time with friends.  Of course I'm behind on that too-how did my kids get so big?  What happened to the little selves they used to be?? 

Then we took my younger girl to church camp on Sunday.  As a youth I spent one week each summer at the same camp and it was fun to hear the excitement and anticipation she and her car buddy friend discussed on our hour and a half drive to the local mountains.  Oh, I remember those days!

Anyway I'm one child short and my oldest is less social and keeps to herself most of the time, so I'll need to entertain myself.  That means I won't be taxiing her everywhere for the next few days either-I can do what I wish!

So I started this week with a dentist appointment (a necessary, but "me" activity) and will be sure to hit the treadmill/walk or exercise class everyday this week.  (See the Work It post from Wednesday)  On Friday I will be heading out for a long weekend of scrapbooking at my friend's "vacation" home in the desert and there's plenty to do in between.  Wait, I have friends with "vacation homes"?!  So, I need to organize my scrapbook materials and gather my supplies for the weekend and will likely need to make a trip to the craft store for anything I think I may need while I'm "creating".  I also need to organize and print more photos for the trip--one can never have too many photos to scrap and I only print when I plan to use them!

http://www.summerspastfarms.com/
Additionally, I want to do some reading by the pool, pick up some things for my upcoming trip with my husband (no kids!), get a pedicure, organize my closet, get ice cream, visit the herb farm, catch a good sunset (that hasn't worked out well, yet), and get a massage.  How's that for me time??


No comments:

Post a Comment