Sunday, July 26, 2015

Uh oh, here it comes!

I'm not ready I tell you, NOT READY!
You know your summer is coming to an end when you get that infamous envelope in the mail with the district header on it...DUN, DUN, DUN...

"Welcome back to the start of another fantastic school year!" it says...

Well, first of all, whose idea was it to send this THREE weeks before we need to report back??  Can you Please  wait until the sharks are in the water, before you tell me not to swim in it???  Because if I'm not planning to swim yet, it really doesn't affect me !

And, by the way, I know when I have to report back...duh!

OK, OK, I know I need to get my act in gear, so I will accept the impending doom! Actually, like most of you, I'd guess, I have mixed feelings about Back to School:  I get excited about new ideas, new kiddos, a fresh start; but I will sorely miss reading all of the books I want, letting nature wake me up--not an alarm clock, wearing flip flops (if anything) on my feet, and believe it or not, I'll even miss my morning workouts!

It has been a busy week, I enjoyed scrapbooking with my girlfriends for four (yes, four!) days out of town and we had some fun weather while we were there.  Being from Southern California, rain is a novelty--it is true!
My "little" girl came home from camp while I was away so I had to wait a few more days to see her.  I was, of course, happy to see my older daughter and husband too!
And we went to a bonfire with friends. 
I did the usual laundry, grocery shopping,  clean up, read another book, go into the mess I left in my classroom, too, so don't worry it is not all play, no work for this girl either. 
Next week, my hubby and I are planning a trip to San Francisco-just the two of us-for 4 days so I have been getting ready and figuring out schedules for the girls for while we are gone.  I plan to work more on stuff for the school year Monday, and have an appointment and prep for our trip on Tuesday!  After our trip, I suspect it will be all school, all (well, most of) the time.  But for now I will wait until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment